Our Hospice Palliative Care Coordinator is recognized as an Advance Care Planning and Health Care Consent Regional Champion for the HNHB LHINs appointed by HPCO to;
- Provide support and information that will support local HCC ACP initiatives while ensuring compliance with the Ontario Legal Framework.
- Provide education and create awareness of available resources to local providers.
- Participate in local HCC ACP CoP material reviews.
- Connect and engage with the HCC ACP CoP General Membership as well as other relevant partners in their LHIN area.
- Be an HCC ACP conduit (i.e., for communications, collaborations, leverage opportunities etc.,) between the local area/region and the HCC ACP CoP.
- Meet with the Regional Champion committee a minimum of quarterly to provide a forum for information exchange, knowledge transfer and share information about HCC ACP initiatives within the Ontario framework, and to promote the recommended Ontario tools and resources and build awareness.
- Be vigilant and exemplary in sharing resources, to ensure consistency with Ontario legal framework.
- Use tools and resources provided to Regional Champions (meetings, SharePoint site etc.) to engage in their own continual training and growth.
Please contact Julie Coulson at 9057683076 ext. 204 for more information. We are available to support you one-to-one with questions or to present to your club or group.