Safety at Home is a unique falls prevention program umbrellaed under 4 organizations serving the HNHB LHIN to reduce the risk of fall and injury.
Free home assessments and recommendations to help seniors remain safely in their homes. The service includes installation of grab bars, home repair, and snow removal to prevent falls.
Safety at Home Information
Phone: 519-428-2356 ext.110
230 Victoria St.
The program includes:
- Free personalized home assessments with recommendations.
- Snow removal by volunteers - Snow Buddies
- Referrals to other services and agencies
- Referral to Brokered Workers for home maintenance and repairs.
Why Safety at Home?
- People are injured at home more than any other place.
- The program helps seniors live independently in their own home.
- Education for falls prevention.
- Subsidization is available for clients who qualify.
Type of jobs completed:
Snow Buddies are volunteers who are matched up with seniors and/or persons with disabilities who either cannot afford or obtain snow removal services. This is an excellent opportunity for youth 9-18 years of age to acquire their volunteer hours and make a difference in their community.
Senior Registration (to receive snow removal services): CLICK HERE
Registration (to provide snow removal services):
- Complete and submit the Snow Buddy Registration Form (below).
Printable form that can be returned to any of our office locations: CLICK HERE
- Snow Buddy Coordinator (Cristy Major) will reach out to you once your registration form has been submitted to set up a meeting.
- Meet with the Snow Buddy Coordinator to review the Orientation Manual
Becoming a Client:
- By telephone to your local community office.
- Basic intake information will be requested.
- Full address including postal code, date of birth, emergency contact and a valid OHIP card number.
Call for more information, to book an assessment or to refer someone:
Safety at Home Client Referral: Click here for Referral Form
The Safety at Home program offers subsidy for those that qualify to assist with assistive devices and installation. Assistive devices include but are not limited to bath seats, transfer benches, tub rails, raised toilet seats, toilet safety frames, commodes and bed rails.
Privacy & Consent
Haldimand-Norfolk Community Senior Support Services respects your privacy. We protect all personal information and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting the privacy of our client, volunteers, staff and home workers. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. We use personal information to provide services and keep you informed and up-to-date on the activities of HNCSSS, including services and opportunities to volunteer.